I hope you have all stayed safe and well during the lockdown and are looking forward to returning to a safe place to meet fellow members.
With the further relaxation of lockdown, we are pleased to let you know that the Clubhouse will be re-opening on Friday, 10th July.
Please note good news opposite
Annual General Meeting
28th March 2020
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Return to Boating
Relaxation of Covid 19 Rules
Page last updated: 29th June 2020
Things will look and feel different as I am sure you would expect. In line with Government guidelines the General Committee have agreed the following steps to ensure we comply with guidance and help everyone stay safe.
It is important that you read this before you visit the Club to ensure you know what to expect:
· Hand sanitisers have been installed throughout the clubhouse, please use them for everyone’s safety
· Please ensure you bring your current membership card with you to allow access to the Clubhouse
· Please do not attempt to use the staircase if anyone else is on it
· Remember the 1+ meter distancing rule – this must be adhered to.
· We will need to ensure we keep to a safe number of members in the Clubhouse at all times so please be patient with us
· You will be seated at a table where you will be served – there will be no ordering at the bar or vertical drinking (drinking standing up). You have to remain seated at your original table – no mixing with other tables is allowed. Each table will be sanitised between use.
· Family groups may sit together whilst individuals must sit on separate tables
· Only card payments will be accepted – payment will be taken when your drinks are delivered to your table. There will be no sessional tabs so please do not embarrass your server by asking, as they will all have received clear instructions on how we are working in the ‘new’ world.
· For anyone wishing to use the rear courtyard, they will be able to sit at a nominated table in the clubhouse to be served and then can take their drinks downstairs themselves.
· We are required to take everyone’s name, address and contact number on entry to the clubhouse (this will be taken by a volunteer) Details will be held securely for 21 days after which time they will be destroyed by shredding. This is in line with Government guidelines. We appreciate we hold details on the membership database but we will not be using this for this purpose. Anyone not providing their information will be asked to leave the Clubhouse.
· We will only be open for members and their guests along with visiting yacht/boat crews – no other people will be allowed into the Clubhouse at this time
· Members will no longer be able to keep their partly used bottles of wine in the Clubhouse or use their personal drinking vessels – this will remain in force until further notice. We will notify you when this restriction is lifted.
Please be courteous to your volunteer members who are running the Clubhouse – it is not easy for everyone to adapt to these new ways of working.
We are aware that there will be spot checks on all premises; we therefore need to ensure we adhere to the rules in order to keep our Clubhouse open.
New opening hours are currently being reviewed and agreed – we will start off by opening from 12:30 to 16:00 hrs on Friday 10th, Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th July. We will be constantly reviewing them to ensure we can flex to meet the need.
The bar will be fully stocked and we will be offering some additional drink promotions for members at certain times.
We will need a minimum of 2 people for each opening - should you wish to volunteer to help in any way then please let me know as we are always keen to speak with anyone interested in helping out. It does not need to be a regular commitment – you can choose when it suits you. On any shift where we cannot find the minimum of 2 people required we will be unable to open – this will be posted on facebook and/or by email.
Whilst we have been closed, Paul Cooper, Tammy and Gilly have worked incredibly hard to ensure that the Clubhouse, Rear Courtyard and bar are in fantastic condition for the re-opening. We also have had a new sound and projector system installed which links to the drop down screen – we are looking forward to using this moving forward.
On behalf of the General Committee, we look forward to welcoming you back to your Clubhouse!
Many thanks for your patience and understanding.
Kind regards, Kristin